As told by Impact Cryotherapy corporate, the leading whole body cryotherapy machine manufacturer in the USA.
Let us break it down for you – a whole body cryotherapy session is when a person experiences a 3-minute (or less!) whole body cold therapy treatment in a cryosauna.
- A whole body cryotherapy session begins with a studio customer (YOU!) stepping into a cryosauna/ cryotherapy machine while sporting a nice, fluffy robe, diving booties, thermal socks, and gloves.
- Before starting the session, the studio team member will pre-cool the cryosauna. After the pre-cool concludes, the studio team member will help you enter the machine. Once inside the cryosauna, the studio team member will close the door and allow you to (modestly) disrobe!
- Now that you’re down to your skivvies, this is where things really get interesting! The studio team member will hit the “start” button and you will then start to feel the cold, dry, nitrogen vapor surrounding you. Throughout the 3-minute experience, the studio team member will talk to you to keep your mind off of the chill — they will also remind you to keep your chin up and to rotate throughout the duration of your session.
- You also may hear a beeping sound every 31 seconds. This beeping sound is the cryosauna pro-face alerting the studio team member to click the “okay” button to ensure the session is still occurring. If the studio team member does not hit this “okay” button the cryosauna shuts off. This is a safety mechanism implemented by Impact Cryotherapy, the manufacturer of the cryosauna.
- Pretty soon, the 3 minutes are up and tada… the session is over! Congrats, you experienced whole body cryotherapy! You are then handed your cozy robe back and can exit the cryosauna with or without the help of the studio team member. That wasn’t so bad, was it?
Now that we’ve walked you through what a cryo session will be like, it’s time to actually experience it!
Book Your Cryotherapy Session at The Studio!